Frequently Asked Questions
Before you book a session with me.
We will have a WhatsApp call to go over the details and reply to any questions you may have, as timetable and locations. A deposit and signed contract are required in order to get your wedding day on the calendar. On the wedding day, the remainder is due. Prior to the event, you will receive an email to discuss the agenda in detail from beginning to end and to confirm on any changes. On the day most parts of the wedding naturally fall into place. You have to enjoy it and I will capture your day!
During the day of the photoshoot.
Regarding destinations, I will arrive a day earlier to the location to scout for good places for the location portraits. At the wedding relax, enjoy and leave the rest to me! I will start by capturing the preparation and all the little details that keep your memories alive. The ceremony will follow, with group and family portraits and a location shoot with the couple. Last but not least the most fun part, the reception, the cake cutting, the dancing and the speeches. At all times, I strive to remain unobtrusive, flexible, and open to creative opportunities as they appear.
After our session.
I will deliver the edited files 4 weeks after the shooting day at a private gallery, protected with a password in order to share with friends and relatives; and download your edited high resolution files or order prints and books. All photos are professionally edited, color and exposure corrected, and polished for delivery. You will receive all edited digital images with a personal use copyright release. My belief is that a photo is not finished until it is printed. I design each album individually.
• Do you charge hourly or full day?
Both, depending on the event. In the case of a full-day wedding, I do have wedding collections.
• Are you available to shoot extra hours?
Yes, I am available.
• What are your travel fees?
For destination weddings outside of Athens and Rhodes, I usually do charge a flat-rate amount.
• What is your policy on payments? A deposit is required for the booking and the remaining amount is due on the wedding day.
PHOTOGRAPHIC STYLE & DELIVERY OF PHOTOS
• What primary photographic style do you identify with?
• What do your wedding packages include?
I do offer high-resolution files culled and edited, slideshows with additional products such as albums, prints, etc.
• Do you have experience shooting in various lighting situations?
I do have experience shooting in any lighting situation.
• Is your media preference film or digital?
My media is digital with film aesthetics in editing.
• What makes your work special?
I am a fine artist and this influences the way I capture my frames. I take your photos in a pure photojournalistic way and my presence is very, very discreet. Check out the reviews to view what couples call me and my work :)) at https://mkourti.com/testimonials/
• Do you take group photos?
A list of any group photographs would be appreciated, however, a relative or friend will be in charge of groupings of people.
• How soon after the event are the files ready to receive?
4 weeks after the event.
• In what format are the files offered?
High resolution professionally edited digital files
• Do you retain the copyright for the photos?
I will retain the copyright of all your wedding images, however I will always provide an official copyright release for you allowing unlimited personal use and printing of your wedding photos.
• Do you provide the digital files to the client?
I do provide high resolution culled and edited files to the client for prints, also in web resolution for social media sharing.
• How will we receive our photos?
Images are available in an online gallery with a password to be viewed and downloaded in high resolution and ready for print.
• Can we see the full gallery of a recent wedding you’ve photographed?
Of course, you can see and gain a better understanding of how I work on the wedding day and what the final gallery would look like.
• Do we need a second photographer?
As an artist I work solo. Most weddings require one photographer. However, if your wedding needs additional photographers I can have a 2nd shooter.
• Do you guarantee your presence at the actual event?”
I always guarantee my presence at the actual event. I am always behind the lenses.
What equipment do you use? I use Fuji cameras and pro lenses.
• Do you have a replacement photographer in case I become unavailable on the day of the event?
I do have a replacement photographer in case of unpredictable absences.